Thursday 19 May 2011

if i moisturise my face, will it soften the blow?


urgh, what a shitty last few days i've had. i've had a lot to think about, work related, life related, friendships verging on co-dependency related. not good. been listening to the 4 track defeater album a lot..... when i say a lot, i mean on constant repeat, which in turn is how my days are feeling right now too.

here's a video of one of their favorite songs of mine. has a lot of personal meaning to me.... long story.... from long ago..... (facebook lurkers, you'll have to go to my real blog to see this link i'm afraid)



don't worry, i have branched out and been listening to the acoustic track on the end of prophet in plain clothes. i've posted that video before, so this time, as a super awesome treat, here's the lyrics instead....

"we'll i've been tired
cause' i don't sleep so well on trains
well i got ups and downs
but days are all the same
i've been low
but it never gets me down

well i've been thrown out
i've been let down 
i've been chased
well i've hardships
i've been stripped of pride and name
i've been low
but it never gets me down

and nights spent drinking
all the worry from my head
and days spent wandering
wishing i was dead
if i could only muster 
the words out from my mouth
i would sing
oh i would sing
i'll take the next train out

cause i've been hopin'
i've been praying theres some god
so when i die
i'm found and saved
and i'm not lost
cause all he's done
all for me
is take away the ones i love

and nights spent drinking
all the worry from my head
and days spent wandering
wishing i was dead
if i could only muster 
the words out from my mouth
i would sing
oh i would sing
i'll take the next train out

i'm gonna take it"

so, what else is new..... hmmm, oh, yesterday i threw some loose change at a massive "glass bottle" with a pirate ship in it. wasn't glass..... coin went "thunk". so disappointing.

then went and tortured myself by watching this don't do it people. it's a miracle i sat through it all. i often wonder why..... then remember why.... then wonder if i should have left anyways.....then realise i overthink everything.....then start all over again.

anyways, i'm done for the day, and really am starting to get ansy from a serious depravation of drawing, so think i'll start something before the end of day, might get it finished in time to post tomorrow, u never know.....

so in the mean time, here's a snippet of that snake sock i've been working on. we got all the black in today, as well as the red detailing on the spine. snakes have spines...right... ? yeah, of course they do..... sorry. ignore me.


sorry if my posts are getting stomach wrenchingly emo.... won't last. 


No comments: